This Canadian immigration Self-Employed Program is designed to attract those applicants who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada.
To qualify for this program, applicants must have the relevant experience, intention and ability to either:
- Make a significant contribution to the cultural or sporting life in Canada as artisans or as athletes at an international level; or
- Purchase and manage a farm in Canada.
Relevant Experience is defined as:
- At least two years experience of participation in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level
- At least two years experience of self-employment in cultural activities of athletics; or
- At least two years of farm management experience
This is the list of qualifying activities for self-employed persons:
- Authors and writers,
- Creative and performing artists,
- Sculptors and other visual artists,
- Technical support and other jobs in motion pictures,
- Creative designers
- Interior Designers
- Artisans and Craftspersons
- Professional Occupations in Public Relations and Communications
- Journalists and Editors,
- Film and Video Camera Operators
- Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters
- Sport Officials and Referees
- Program Leaders and Instructors in Recreation, Sport and Fitness
- Farmers, Farm Managers
If you have at least 2 years experience in one of the above-mention activities please contact our office.