Business Immigration program is for experienced entrepreneurs and business owners or senior business managers who wish to start or acquire a business in Manitoba and who intend to provide active and ongoing participation in the day-to-day management and direction of a business.
Located between the provinces of Ontario and Saskatchewan, the Province of Manitoba is in many ways the gateway to western Canada. With an economy based largely on natural resources and agriculture, it is a major driver of Canada’s wealth. Manitoba’s population of approximately 1.2 million is located largely in and around the capital city of Winnipeg.
The Provincial Nominee Program for Business allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people and farm owners from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a business or farm or become partners in an existing business.
To qualify for the program interested applicants must have:
- Minimum verifiable personal net worth of C$350,000
- Demonstrated business or farm ownership experience or a minimum of 3 years experience in a senior management role of a successful company
The applicant must also be prepared to:
- Conduct an Exploratory Visit to Manitoba to be able to provide documented assessment of business opportunities in Manitoba and general knowledge of the province.
- Make a minimum equity investment in Manitoba of C$150,000;
- Reside in Manitoba along with his family
If your application for nomination is approved by Manitoba, you will be required to make a C$100,000 Deposit to the Government of Manitoba, guaranteeing that you will live in Manitoba and start or purchase of a business or farm in Manitoba within two years of obtaining your permanent resident visa and landing in Manitoba. The deposit will be refunded without interest to you when the investment is made, your business or farm is operational and you are living in Manitoba.